Long Story Short
The Long Story
1800Warranty.com respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the site 1800Warranty.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this 1800Warranty.com
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the site.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party sites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other site operated by 1800Warranty.com or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the site.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this site or through any of its features, register on the site, make any purchases through the site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, information regarding your vehicle, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you including information regarding your vehicle; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of a quote, creating an account, registering to use our site, purchasing a service contract, or requesting further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your purchases of service contracts. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our site.
- Your search queries on the site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the site, or transmitted to other users of the site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may be able to opt out of behavioral tracking on this site and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the 1800Warranty.com, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including term related notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own, our affiliates, and subsidiaries, and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of 1800Warranty.com Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by 1800Warranty.com, Inc. about our site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 1800Warranty.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the 1800Warranty.com. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the 1800Warranty.com to promote our own, our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the 1800Warranty.com as a result of a product or service contract purchase, registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s site.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit HYPERLINK TO CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site.
Consent to Contact by Phone and Text
By providing your phone number to 1800Warranty, you agree and acknowledge that 1800Warranty may call or text the phone number you provide on a recurring basis for any purposes, including marketing purposes, using all methods now known and discovered in the future, including but not limited to auto-dialers, auto-texts, pre-recordings, and general telemarketing practices. Calls and texts may be regarding products and/or services that you have previously purchased and/or products or services that 1800Warranty or its affiliates or subsidiaries may market to you. Standard voice, messaging, and data rates may apply. You acknowledge that this consent may be removed at your request, but until such consent is revoked, you may receive calls or texts from 1800Warranty. For text messages, reply HELP for help or STOP to cancel. You may opt out at any time by texting STOP to 797979. You agree to receive a final text message confirming your opt-out. For help, send a text message with the word HELP to 797979. You may also opt-out or change your preferences my logging into your account online. You agree to notify 1800Warranty of any changes to your phone number and update your account to reflect such changes. Your wireless carrier may prohibit or restrict certain features of our services or certain services may not be compatible with your carrier or device. Contact your carrier with questions.
Long Story Short
This policy applies to information we collect